Puddletown Surgery Patient Participation Group includes all patients of the Practice, the Doctors, Practice Manager and the Practice Staff.
THE PPG COMMITTEE
The committee consists of Patient representatives from the Practice, the Practice Manager, a member of the Practice staff, the co-ordinator of the Friends of the Practice, and a representative of the Carers. It meets once every three months.
The AIM of the Group is:
To provide a working partnership between Patients, Practice Partners and Staff to help develop and build on the quality of healthcare services.
and its OBJECTIVES are:
- To support good decision making by providing a forum for all involved in the Practice to discuss topics of mutual interest.
- To enable patients to make positive suggestions for healthcare.
- To support and provide communications between the Practice and its patients, and to involve them.
- To encourage, support and promote good health education and practice.
- To promote and develop self-help projects for patients.
- To be a representative group that can be called upon to influence the local provision of health and social care on behalf of the Practice.